Shrimp Clear Noodle Claypot
Pad Woon Sen Koong is what we call this dish in Thai. This is one of our favorite dishes. Even though I'm allergic to shellfish, I let the antihistamine I take every day does its magic.
In this post, I want to share with you the recipe of this yummy dish. Since we're practicing staying home during this pandemic. I hope it will help to brighten your day!
Shrimp Clear Noodle Claypot Recipe
Yield : 2 servings
180g Dried Clear Noodle, soaked in warm water until soft
2 Dried Shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated in 1/2 cup of hot water
2-4 strips Black Pepper Bacon
2-3 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 Tbsp Ginger, grated
2 Tbsp Oyster sauce
1 Tbsp Seasoning soy sauce
1 Tbsp Sweet dark soy sauce
1/4 cup Celery leaves
1/4 cup Green onion, cut into 1 inch long pieces
A pinch of Grains of paradise or ground black pepper to season
1. Cook shrimp in a skillet with a little bit of oil. Set aside.
2. Cook bacon in a claypot over medium heat. I like to use black pepper bacon to add more flavor. Regular bacon will work just as well.
3. Once the bacon turns golden brown, add minced garlic. 4. In a mixing bowl, combine oyster sauce, seasoning soy sauce, sweet dark soy sauce, grated ginger and the water that you soaked the shiitake mushrooms in. Then add softened clear noodles, mix well.
5. Add the noodle mixture to the claypot. Cover about 3-5 minutes then stir.
6. Add celery leaves, cut green onion, cooked shrimp and top with shiitake mushrooms then sprinkle some grains of paradise on top. Cover about 2 minutes.
7. Ready to serve!
Note: If you don't have a claypot, just use a normal pot. I have used a regular pot before, it worked. :)